Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

...of mice.

(See the movie version of Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy if you don't understand why I didn't end with "and men".)

I wrote earlier about my Leap Year Bible Reading Plan, stating that since this was my normal day off from my secular work that I would be able to devote the day to an ambitious plan of extra reading.

Well, I won't be off that day. In fact, I need to drive 4.5 hours round trip to attend some business meetings out-of-town. I felt bad about this for about 5 minutes, prior to remembering that I now live in the 21st century. No matter which car I sign out to take this trip, it will have an FM radio. Since I have an iPod and one of those little FM transmitter units, I can load up my Bible reading into electronic format, and let Max McLean's voice read my text to me. Since the Scripture readings will only take a fraction of the drive I have also created a play list containing the audio version of John Piper's Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce as well as Volume One of The Valley of Vision.

So, while my employer might have had other reasons, God intends this change in my schedule for His glory and my good.

No comments: