Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tagged - Self Disclosure

Now that I have been tagged by Timmy Brister, I guess that I need to share some useless trivia about myself.

Let me see if I can tie mine into his list.

1. Timmy tells us that he is still best friend with the first person he met in school. I am jealous. As an Army brat, my education took place in a multitude of schools. You don't stay in one place long enough to make friends, let alone best friends. I was born in Canada (and have dual US/Canadian citizenship due to the fact that my mother was a British subject at the time of my birth), and lived in Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, England, and Texas before finishing Junior High.

2. Even though I dated quite often in High School, I don't remember any of these relationships being more than casual acquaintances. I guess that my first real girlfriend was, and is, my bride of almost 30 years, Barbara. We have two children and four grandchildren.

3. MC Hammer in the 6th grade? No way. MC Hammer was only 5 years old when I was in the 6th grade. I would guess that the first song I can remember memorizing was the Beatles: "She loves me, yeah, yeah, yeah." Yeah, really.

4. 1983? I was serving in the US Army in the Republic of Korea that year. Most of it was a blur. I think that the only trophy I won that year was the "avoided frostbite" award.

5. Being left handed, and changing schools numerous times in the early grades (see #1 above), I have always had terrible handwriting. The first elective that I took in High School was typing, and I have been timed in the past at 90 wpm with perfect copy. Typing class was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me educationally.

6. I may not plan blogposts in the shower at 4:00 AM, but I do solve most of my work related problems in that place and at that hour. I had an epiphany this past Thursday morning that completely changed the direction for that workday.

7. I cannot remember the first book that I read, but I cannot remember a time when I could not read. I have been a voracious reader all of my life, and feel strange when I read things like "58% of Americans never read another book after High School".

What is the most important thing to know about me? I am a filthy rotten sinner who deserves death and hell, yet I have been transformed by Christ Jesus into His kingdom. To Him alone belongs the glory, now and forever. Amen.

Oh, since I am relatively new to this "blogging" thing, I am only going to tag one person, my brother-in-law the Lost Fart.

No comments: