Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Am A Single Issue Voter

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a single issue voter. What is that issue?


DEFENSE
  • Defense of the unborn, the most vulnerable members of our society.
  • Self-Defense, the God given right to protect one's life from those who would steal it from you.
  • National Defense, one of the few enumerated responsibilities of our Federal Government in the US Constitution ("provide for the common defense").

Where do the Presidential candidates stand on my one issue?

Obama/Biden
  • Pro-Abortion, will not defend the unborn
  • Believe in civilian disarmament, do not believe in the right to self-defense
  • "Cut and run", emasculate our military, do not stand for a strong national defense

McCain/Palin
  • Pro-life, will defend the unborn
  • Pro civilian gun ownership, pro self-defense
  • Pro-strong national defense

Twenty-eight years ago I raised my right hand, and swore before my God that "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...". As far as I am concerned, I have never been released from this oath.

Defense. If you have to be a single issue voter, this is the issue to hold.

1 comment:

Mandi @ Life Your Way said...

I love this definition. Thanks for sharing!