Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

"Silently, how silently..."

Our family Christmas traditions are as follows:

1) Christmas Eve Candlelight Silent Lord's Supper Service.
2) All of the family over to our home following the service to eat and exchange presents.
3) Spend Christmas Day quietly and in contemplation of our Savior's birth.

This year was no different. After the service we all enjoyed a meal prepared by my wife of posole and tamales (it's a "New Mexico thing"!) along with my parents, both of our children, our son-in-law, and all of our grandchildren (Eleven of us in all). We exchanged presents and then off to bed.

My wife had to work today, so I am "silently" enjoying this day and taking stock of my blessings, along with seeking God's guidance for the next year.

Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 (ESV)

No comments: