Tuesday, December 25, 2007

2008 Puritan Reading

Timmy Brister's challenge to read the Puritans each month during 2008 was an easy one to embrace.

I presently utilize The Valley of Vision in my personal devotions, and had several of Timmy's suggestions already on my bookshelf. An order placed with Westminster Bookstore filled in the gaps. (The good folks at WTS are always a pleasure to deal with, and added a bonus book to my order.) All twelve volumes are in place on my bookshelf, labeled with their proper month, and I am trying hard not to start Richard Sibbes' The Bruised Reed before January 1st.

I plan to post weekly observations from my reading here, and will also participate on Timmy's "Provocations & Pantings" blog. I will also continue to participate with Tim Challies in reading John Owen's On the Mortification of Sin in Believers, and will post comments both here and on his blog.

No comments: