Thursday, July 3, 2008

An Update



Even though I finished reading John Owen's Mortification of Sin, I have not posted on it for more than two weeks. During that time we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, and hosted an event attended by approximately 50 family members and friends at which we renewed our vows. Hectic is the single word that I would use to describe the past three weeks, and as a result I am not even going to attempt to catch up on posting my thoughts on last month's reading.


Onward and upward, we move on to William Bridge's A Lifting Up for the Downcast, a series of 13 sermons on Psalm 42:11. Hopefully I will be more diligent in my postings here during the month of July.



(When you look at the funny hat I am wearing, just remember the two words that keep you married for 30 years: "Yes Dear".)

3 comments:

Bob said...

I love the balloons, but ... well, it was no balloon funeral. (If you don't get the joke, ask Joel.)

Thanks for the opportunity to get together. Let's do it again in another thirty years.

Jerry said...

Bob: "I have a balloon, and you don't."

Yes, I have heard Joel tell the story.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Congratulations! Our 30th wedding anniversary is in November!